At Shankar, we pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and support to meet your needs and requirements. If you have any queries just call us on 01902 399764 and our sales team will be happy to help. Alternatively you can contact your local retailer who will gladly be of assistance. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
Buying Shankar Furniture
Here at Shankar we sell through a network of stockists that are based nationwide. We believe that this allows us to provide a better all-round service to the consumer. To find out who is your local stockists, please provide us with your location via a phone call or email and we can offer you the details of the stockists in your area.
Shankar Furniture is produced in a number of manufacturing facilities around the world.
The Shankar (https://shankar.uk.com) web site is a manufacturer's web site designed to showcase our furniture products.
To obtain pricing and to place an order, you need to sign up for an account with us/log in or you can contact your local stockists.
Yes, your card details will definitely be secure. Shankar is fully compliant with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Use the Shankar stockist locater to find the nearest stockist or give us a call from Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. We can also be contacted by email or live chat, and we will respond to your enquiry as quickly as we can.
- Orders can be placed via telephone, fax, email or post. All listed prices exclude VAT. We do not have a minimum order value but a carriage fee is charged on all delivery orders under £550. This fee will depend on your location and the quantity and type of items ordered.
- Orders destined for the EU may be subject to VAT exemption; however, a copy of your VAT registration certificate will be required to support this application. We also require shipping documents as proof that the goods have left the UK.
- All faults or missing pieces must be reported within 7 days of the invoice date in writing. Please ensure you include your order number and invoice number together with full details of the order and the fault(s) discovered. Product batch numbers must also be supplied together with photographic evidence of any potential fault(s).
- All items must be returned in an unused, potentially re-saleable condition and in original packaging. In the likely event that the replacement goods are despatched from our warehouse before your original item is returned to our premises, an invoice will be raised until the damaged/faulty item is returned to our warehouse. At this point a credit will be raised subject to satisfying condtitions.
- Should any item be found to have a manufacturing defect, a replacement item will be offered. The product will need to be returned to our warehouse for a replacement to be issued. Items should also be returned unused and in the original packaging.
You can cancel your order at any time before it has been despatched from our warehouse. Please contact our friendly team 01902 399764 if you would like to cancel an existing order.
- We endeavour to deliver as soon as possible after receipt of order and payment, but stock availability and provisions of delivery services from external sources cannot be guaranteed. Please check current delivery times when placing your order.
- We offer a variety of delivery services to mainland UK. If you require delivery to the Scottish Highlands, UK Islands, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland; please call to discuss your requirements.
- Good stock that has been ordered and delivered cannot be returned for credit. We will refuse any products that appear to be non-faulty or have visible signs of use.
Shankar furniture & fabrics
Yes, all our products have passed the British government's flame retardant regulations; our products will not burn if ignited.
Yes, we have a one year manufacturer's warranty.
Most of our furniture is already assembled, but if the item(s) you purchased require assembly, detailed instructions should have been included in the carton, unless minimum assembly is required.
Shankar reserves the right to alter or modify the product or item reference information at any time in light of technical or other developments. All descriptions, specifications, images and particulars of weights, dimensions and materials have been given by way of identification only and the use of such information shall not constitute a sale by description.